iTrack Solution (Traffic Monitoring System)
The iTrack Solution provides everything needed for a full-scale traffic monitoring system. It is easy to install, operate and provides a sophisticated, yet simple, way of keeping track of individuals bearing Bluetooth enabled devices globally regardless of location.
The iTrack monitoring system is capable of measuring traffic and pedestrian flows. The system can be used to collect high quality, high density travel times by sampling a portion of actual travel times from the traffic stream. By matching the Bluetooth MAC addresses of Bluetooth devices at as many location as desired, not only is accurate travel time measured, privacy concerns typically associated with probe systems are minimized. Bluetooth traffic monitoring is fare more economical than drive testing on a cost per data point basis.
The iTrack real-time mapping solution tracks how people move through road systems and in urban spaces. The technology maps real-time data gathered from mobile devices such as cell phones. A screen display system can show vehicles and people density in selectable colors overlaid on a geographical mapping system for complete real time situational awareness.
The use of Bluetooth technology offers a number of advantages over existing methods in the following ways:
* Directly measures travel time and mean speed. This is a leapfrog advance over existing point detection technology (inductive loops, radar detectors, image processors, etc.) commonly used by most transportation agencies. The greater accuracy of the Bluetooth units results from the fact that travel times and mean speeds are measured directly by the equipment, while these variables must be inferred from the point detection technology using speed measurements at discrete locations.
* Measures travel times and Origin-Destinations for a variety of modes (highway vehicles, rail, and pedestrian) since the Bluetooth devices are associated with people rather than vehicles.
* Can be applied globally due to the proliferation of the Bluetooth standard protocol. Similar techniques are available that detect the passage of toll tags (such as EZPass). However, adequate samples of toll tags are only available in the vicinity of toll facilities.
* Simplifies field installation procedures because of the low-power and omni-directional antenna patterns.
* Offers a greater degree of privacy than that which can be provided with toll tag tracking, license plate surveys or cellular telephone geolocation due to the fact that there are no databases of Bluetooth addresses that can be used to associate addresses with individual owners or their vehicles.
Please contact us for additional information.